Friday, March 13, 2009

Big Run Tomorrow

Bryan's running a 15K and Trace is running a 5K on Saturday! Woo hoo, the spring race season begins!

And I am running 1.50 miles tomorrow -- and I am very excited about it. My knee seems to be healed enough to start building up mileage like I did last year.

Last year I had a lot of uncertainty at this time of the year, about whether I could build up miles in enough time to be ready for January. This year, I know I can do it! And I am SOOOO looking forward to getting back up to that 5-6-7-8 mile range!

If you haven't started building up miles, either at a 16-min mile walking pace or a running pace, you need to set a goal of adding .25 or .50 miles once a week, so you are up to the big miles later this summer while the weather is good!

Get going!!!

5 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm so glad to hear your knee is doing better! You'll be so ready for January getting started now.

I'll be doing an 8K on Sunday. It'll probably be walk/jog, but I'll be out there :)!

Rae! said...

cool!! I did a 5k this am started it front and that alone made a difference. I am so glad your knee is better.

Steph said...

I am glad your knee is better and your ready to start logging the miles!

MikeF. said...

Glad to hear your knee is doing better. Hope your run went well.

Matt said...

Excellent news on the knee! Good luck on your run. I'm hoping to start back with training as soon as I get rid this blasted bug.