Sunday, May 25, 2008

Where Was My Magic Kingdom?

Today was my weekly long run, this time outside at our local metropark. I got through five miles and walked a bit. Then started back running off and on for the last 1.5 miles. Yes, I did 6.5 miles!

And honestly, the only thing that got me thru that last half mile was looking forward to getting the medal that comes after Darkwing, from Jeff from Iowa! Please, please tell me I get another medal!!

Now in the big race, miles 5-6 will be IN the Magic Kingdom. So I'm sure that will be a much easier section to run than it is at the metropark. But today, no such luck, no MK! And I don't even want to think about the 7th mile outside MK --- uh oh.

I did the 6.5 miles -- new personal best -- in 1.5 hours. I had to sprint the last minute to stay under 1.5! That's about a 14-minute mile.

Wow, I ran half of a half marathon today!!!

(Oh no, the next medal is at 6.55 miles, and I did 6.50!!! Arghhhhhh. Oh, well, this coming weekend I would automatically add .25 to my long run, so I'll get the medal then!)




6 comments:

Heath said...

Awesome job Deb!! Think about it, if you got to run through the MK every day, it wouldn't make the 1/2 very special at all. Look how much we have to look forward too!!

Matt said...

WOO HOO!!! Great Job Deb!!!

MikeF. said...

You did over a 10k. Great job Deb! And thanks for the props on my blog about the show opener.

Rae! said...

Holy Cats that's great!!! You are getting faster, and running longer!!!! Awesome keep it up!!!

Chris said...

Catchin' up on the blogs....Great work on the 6.5mi! I'm starting to feel the energy coming back to Team Voice after a few quiet weeks! I'm sure June will take that energy to a new level, woohoo!

Jeff W said...

Wow Deb you are doing fantastic.
Sorry I have fallen behind on the blogs. 6.5 miles is exciting.

Congratulations!!!