Monday, July 6, 2009

Yes, I Did!

Thanks TVers, for the encouragment and challenges! Yes, I was able to do a 5.5 mile run Saturday! This time, I was more prepared physically. And I was ready for the mental breakdown and was up for trying to get past it this time. And the weather was perfect!

I felt good, the weather felt good, and the mental breakdown didn't happen until mile 5.25. And at that point, it was pretty easy to make myself keep going!

I definitely thought about you guys, and did NOT want to have to admit on Monday that I failed again. So the peer pressure helps! (If anybody else needs a dose of it, just be sure and speak up!)

I hope to have a good week of eating (or NOT eating this week) and then a good 6 mile run (gulp) this coming Saturday. So I'll probably ask for a little more peer pressure toward the end of the week! (And Mike, I'd have to feel REALLY good to jump from 5.5 to 7, so you probably have an edge on me, but I'll give it a shot!)

Thanks Team!!


4 comments:

Amanda said...

Awesome Deb....You can do 6 miles this weekend. You're ahead of me right now. I'll be going for 5 on Saturday.

Hope you have a good eating and exercise week! Just let me know when you need some prodding.

By the way, Wicked was great. Definitely go see it if you get a chance - lots of comedy, a great story, and great music!

Matt said...

Great job Deb!!! I'm proud of ya!

Now I need a good kick in the pants so I'll stick to my plans!

Princess Fee said...

Wooohoo!!! Way to go on getting those miles in!!! We are ALL proud of you :)

Chris said...

Great job, Deb! We knew you could do it, and now YOU know as well ;-)