Friday, November 23, 2007

Black Friday -- Only One Place for Me

So it's Black Friday, the day after Thanksgiving, when all the diehard shoppers hit the stores at the crack of dawn. Not me, no thanks, not in this lifetime. UNLESS I could be shopping at WDW today ...
You can't beat Mouse Gears at Epcot for both variety and uniqueness. Great place for interesting books, tote bags and knapsacks, super watch collection, kitchen items and figurines/knick-knacks. Another favorite, but much smaller, is the shop at the back entrance of Epcot between Y&B and the UK. It's a mini version of Mouse Gears. And at the front entrance, the Art of Disney is fabulous and amazing. And I can't wait to see how the new Art of Disney at MK turns out!
The shops at the hotels are also interesting, each carrying their own specialty items based on the hotel themes. Book an ADR at a hotel and enjoy the shopping too!
At MK, the Emporium is like Mouse Gears, but is usually way too crowded to enjoy browsing. We love the firehouse shop, a wonderful place for collectibles.
At the Studios, I love Keystone Clothiers -- there's always something there that I want!
(Clearly I need to have park maps handy when I blog, so I can use the proper names of shops and attractions and streets!)

No comments: